Well folks, our Chef Bella Vue did it again! This delicious Tzatziki dip is so versatile and perfect to make when grilling out. Dip veggies and pita bread in it as an appetizer, spread it on a grilled chicken gyro, or drizzle it on a bed of greens as a creamy salad dressing. This summertime favorite is a delicious dip the whole family will enjoy.
- 1 cup plain noosa yoghurt
- 3/4 seedless English cucumber, finely grated and squeezed
- 1.5 Tbs fresh dill, finely diced
- 1 tsp dried mint
- 1-2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- Step 1
- First, wash and finely grate about 3/4 of the cucumber into a strainer. Using a cheese cloth or your hands, squeeze as much of the liquid out of the cucumber as possible. Add a pinch of salt and let it dry out in the strainer for 5 minutes. (The squeezed cucumber should shrink to be about a handful).
- Step 2
- Add all ingredients, including the grated cucumber, in a bowl. Mix well. Place dipping sauce in the fridge and let it chill until the flavors naturally concentrate (30 minutes to overnight).
- Step 3
- After the dip is chilled, taste and add more salt if desired. Serve in a smaller bowl with veggies and toasted pita bread. Enjoy!