Mother’s Day should be filled with love, thankful hearts, and breakfast in bed! Show your mom you love her by making these delicious, American-inspired crepes. Recipe designed and created by our farm’s in-house culinary artist, Chef Bella Vue.
For the crepe:
- 1 cup plus 1 Tbs flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Morning Fresh Whole Milk
- 1 Tbs salted butter
- 1 1/4 Tbs sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbs Beyond the Hive Wild Flower Honey
For the Apple Pie filling:
- 1 1/2 apples peeled, cored, and chopped to desired size
- 1 1/2 Tbs brown sugar
- 2 Tbs salted butter
- 1/2 Tbs cinnamon
For the whipped cream frosting:
- 1 1/2 cups Morning Fresh Heavy Cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Step 1
- Place mixing bowl in the freezer (to use later for the whipped cream).
- Step 2
- For the apple pie filling, combine all ingredients (except butter) in a bowl and mix well. Melt the butter in a pan on medium high heat. Once melted, saute & mix apple pie mixture until the apples are caramelized and there is liquid left in the pan (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat.
- Step 3
- For the crepe batter, mix egg and sugar in a bowl with a whisk. Add cinnamon, flour, cooled butter, and milk. Mix well. The crepe batter should be thin enough to coat the bottom of a pan in a thin layer. If needed, add more milk to reach this consistency. Pour the batter in a SMALL pan and swirl until a thin layer coats the bottom. Cook for about a minute – then flip and cook for another minute. Remove the crepe. Repeat for the desired amounts of crepes you are cooking. Set aside.
- Step 4
- Next, remove the bowl from your freezer. Combine all the ingredients for the whipped cream topping except cinnamon. Mix on a high setting to desired thickness – add a teaspoon (or more if desired) of cinnamon to the whipped cream and mix it evenly.
- Step 5
- Put the apple pie filling into a crepe and fold together on a plate. Drizzle with honey, sprinkle with powdered sugar, and top with cream.
Bon appetit! Happy Mother’s Day!