Get ready for summer with this distinctively delightful carrot soup! Serve chilled for 4 people!
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 3/4 cups chopped Vidalia or other sweet onion
- 2 pounds carrots, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 heaping tbs minced fresh ginger
- 4 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons Morning Fresh heavy cream, divided
- 3/4 curry powder (add more to taste)
- Step 1
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion and carrots to pan; cook 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in salt, pepper, and ginger. Add curry powder to taste- also great with things like turmeric and nutmeg!
- Step 2
- Add 2 cups water and broth to pan; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 25 minutes or until carrots are tender. Remove from heat; cool.
- Step 3
- Place half of carrot mixture and 1 tablespoon cream in a food processor or blender; process 20 seconds or until smooth. Pour pureed mixture into a large bowl. Repeat procedure with remaining carrot mixture and 1 tablespoon cream. Return mixture to pan; cook over medium heat until thoroughly heated.
- Step 4
- Serve hot or chilled- top with things like cilantro or pepper for a fun kick!