This gooey, cheesy pot of mac ‘n cheese made with broccoli and spinach is a great way to disguise veggies for your kiddos and a meal that will please the whole family. A great meal for St. Patrick’s Day, too!
- 3 cups enriched macaroni or pasta of choice
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups 2% Morning Fresh Dairy Milk
- 1 cup Morning Fresh Dairy cream
- 2 cups baby spinach or arugula leaves
- 3 cups shredded Collier’s Welsh Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Step 1
- In large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package directions, until tender; drain well.
- Step 2
- Meanwhile in a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; cook broccoli and onion until softened, about 3 min. Stir in nutmeg. Add milk and cream; cook stirring often, for 8 to 10 min or until slightly thickened and broccoli is tender. Stir in spinach and remove from heat.
- Step 3
- In a blender or with an immersion blender, puree until smooth or desired consistency. Stir in macaroni to coat; stir in Cheddar and Parmesan cheese until melted. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Let stand for 5 min before serving.