School is in full swing and the leaves are changing! This soup is the perfect remedy for a fast healthy meal giving you more time during the day to spend time with the kiddos or to simply enjoy the fall colors. Recipe credit goes to Chef Bella Vue.
**This recipe uses a pressure cooker (Instant Pot).**
- 2 peeled apples, diced
- 4 cups (about one butternut squash), cubed
- One small onion (about 1 cup), thinly sliced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup sage leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh grounded pepper
- 1/4 cup Morning Fresh Dairy Farm heavy whipping cream
- 5 thick slices of bacon (optional… but is bacon really optional?)
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Step 1
- Heat up pan for “optional” bacon.
- Step 2
- Place all ingredients, except for the cream and bacon, in the pressure cooker.
- Step 3
- Set for 11 minutes on high pressure.
- Step 4
- After the 11 minutes is up, let the pressure cooker release pressure naturally for about 10 minutes.
- Step 5
- Cook bacon and absorb fat with paper towels. Dice up bacon.
- Step 6
- When the soup is finished, puree soup with immersion blender or transfer it to a blender and blend smooth If using a blender, transfer soup back to the pot after it is pureed.
- Step 7
- Taste the soup. Add salt and pepper if needed.
- Step 8
- Mix at least 1/4 cup of Morning Fresh Dairy heavy cream into soup.
- Step 9
- Serve in a bowl and add more cream for taste or presentation.
- Step 10
- Top with bacon and Parmesan cheese.
- Step 11
- Enjoy the taste of fall!