It’s like strawberry shortcake, but better! Recipe and photos given to us by Michelle Mullen, a loyal Morning Fresh Dairy customer.
- 1 stick salted butter
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 Morning Fresh Farm brown eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 oz plain noosa yoghurt (3/4 of one single serving tub)
- 2 1/2 cups strawberries, chopped
- Step 1
- Grease a 11×7 baking dish and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Step 2
- Cream salted butter and sugar in large bowl.
- Step 3
- Add eggs and vanilla and continue to mix.
- Step 4
- In a separate bowl, mix together dry ingredients.
- Step 5
- Add the dry ingredients and the plain noosa yoghurt into the wet mixture – slowly! Continue to mix.
- Step 6
- Add 2 cups chopped strawberries and fold them into the batter.
- Step 7
- Pour batter into the greased baking dish and top with remaining strawberries.
- Step 8
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 35-45 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
- Step 9
- Take it out of the oven and let sit for 30 minutes. Enjoy!