The first day of school deserves an after school celebration! What better way than some Oreo’s and milk… or kick it up a notch with a combo – Oreo Cheesecake! Nothing hits the tastes buds like a classic twist. Welcome back to school, everyone. You’ve earned it!
- 24 Oreo cookies, crushed
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 32 ounces of cream cheese – AT ROOM TEMPERATURE
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup Morning Fresh cream
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 Morning Fresh white eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 12 Oreos broken into fourths (quartered)
- 1 cup Morning Fresh cream
- 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Very fine Oreo cookies crumbled (cookies only – no filling)
TIP: If you want to go the extra mile to make sure the cheesecake cooks as evenly as possible, try cooking it in a “water bath”. Otherwise, cooking it in just the springform pan will work just fine!
- Step 1
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease up a 9-inch springform pan.
- Step 2
- For the crust, stir the Oreo crumbs and melted butter in a large bowl. Press the butter/Oreo mix firmly into the pan bottom. Place pan into the refrigerator until you’re ready to construct the cheesecake.
- Step 3
- Beat the cream cheese, sugar, flour and salt in a separate bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Add Morning Fresh cream and vanilla and continue mixing. Then, add ONE egg and a yolk ONE at a time. Turn off the mixer and mix-in the quartered Oreo cookies by hand.
- Step 4
- Take the pan out of the fridge and slowly pour in the filling. Place the pan into the oven. Bake until the outer edges puff up and are set – but the middle still jiggles when you tap the edge of the pan. (40 – 60 min, this can vary). Once it’s at this stage, turn off the oven and crack the door of the oven and leave the cheesecake in the oven for an hour.
- Step 5
- After the hour, remove the cheesecake from the oven. Allow it to cool to room temperature. Once it’s cooled off – place into the the refrigerator for at least 5 hours to overnight.
- Step 6
- When you’re ready to dive in… make the whipped topping!
- Step 7
- Put the mixing bowl into the freezer for a minimum of 20 minutes… longer the better! Pour in the cream, sugar and vanilla. Place the electronic mixer on HIGH and whisk to desired thickness – make sure soft peaks have formed on the top. Slowly add in the Oreo crumbs.
- Step 8
- Take the cheesecake out of the refrigerator, take off the side mold, and place on a serving plate. Top the cake with your whipped topping. Enjoy!