Christmas is just around the corner! These quick & easy eggnog sugar cookies are delicious and festive.
For the sugar cookie itself, this recipe uses Eileen’s pre-made Sugar Cookie Dough, which is available at the Howling Cow Cafe and for home delivery customers through the New Year. Don’t feel bad, using pre-made dough is not cheating. It’s called using your resources!
For the cookies, you’ll need:
- 1 tub of Eileen’s Colossal Sugar Cookie Dough
For the eggnog frosting, you’ll need:
- 4 tablespoons softened Meadow Gold salted butter
- 2 ounces softened cream cheese
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons Morning Fresh Dairy Eggnog
- a dash of nutmeg
- Roll dough on lightly floured surface to desired thickness. Cut out cookie using cookie cutters. Or, roll in balls & flatten to make circular cookies.
- Bake cookies for 15 minutes at 315 degrees.
- While cookies are baking, in a large bowl, beat together cream cheese and butter until fluffy.
- Slowly add powdered sugar. Mix in Morning Fresh Dairy Eggnog to reach desired consistency (start with 1 tablespoon and keep adding!).
- Spread frosting over cooled cookies. Sprinkle with nutmeg. Enjoy!