Make your mom or loved ones this easy meal for Mother’s Day. These personal-sized breakfast pizzas have fluffly eggs with broccoli, peppers, and onions, and are topped with cheese and salsa. With 25 grams of protein this makes a great meal to start your day with!
- ½ tablespoon oil (canola or other vegetable oil)
- ¼ cup chopped broccoli florets
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons diced red bell pepper
- 2 large First Light Cage-Free Eggs, beaten
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 whole-wheat English muffin, split in half
- ¼ cup shredded pepper jack cheese (or 2 slices pepper jack cheese)
- 2 tablespoons Agustina’s Salsa
- Step 1
- Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium heat, add oil, broccoli, green onion and red pepper. Cook, stirring for 3 minutes or until vegetables are softened.
- Step 2
- Stir eggs, salt and pepper into the vegetable mixture. Cook, stirring until egg is set, about 1-2 minutes.
- Step 3
- Toast English muffin in the toaster. Spoon half of the egg mixture on top of each muffin half and top with cheese.
- Step 4
- Preheat broiler. Place muffins on a baking sheet and place under the broiler for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Or bake in preheated 350⁰ F oven for 3-5 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Step 5
- Serve with a drizzle of salsa on top. Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Use any leftover vegetables you have in your refrigerator!