With 14 grams of protein, this nutritious, Mediterranean-inspired smoothie recipe combines the tarteness of cherries and pomegranate with a cinnamon twist. Thick and creamy, you’ll want a bowl and a spoon for this tasty dish!
- 1 (16-ounce) bag frozen dark sweet cherries
- 1 1/2 cups The Greek Gods plain traditional Greek yogurt, plus more if needed
- 3/4 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/3 cup 2% Morning Fresh Dairy all natural milk, plus more if needed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 ice cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/2 cup fresh pomegranate seeds
- Step 1
- Put the cherries, yogurt, pomegranate juice, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and ice cubes in a blender. Purée until thoroughly mixed and smooth. You’ll want the mixture a little thicker than your average smoothie, but not so thick you can’t pour it. If the smoothie is too thick, add another few tablespoons of milk; if it’s too thin, add another few tablespoons of yogurt.
- Step 2
- Pour the smoothie into four bowls. Top each with 2 tablespoons of pistachios and 2 tablespoons of pomegranate seeds, and serve immediately.
- Ingredient Tip
- You can use packaged pomegranate seeds (sold in the produce section of the grocery store), or whole pomegranates. Here is a tip for avoiding stains from pomegranate juice: Fill a large bowl with water, submerge the pomegranate, and cut into four sections. Working under the water, remove the seeds from the white membranes. The seeds will float to the top, and you can remove them with a strainer or slotted spoon.